The AFL-CIO created Union Privilege in 1986 to provide union members and their families with valuable consumer benefits. With Union Plus benefits, your union membership “pays” at work and at home.
By using the collective buying power of unions, we are able to offer valuable, discounted products and services exclusively to working families. Savings. Service. Solidarity.
Benefits offered (some examples):
•Free prescription card
- Save an average 20% off brand name drugs and 40% off generic prescription drugs
- Over 55,000 participating pharmacies
•Save my home hotline
- Provided through the non-profit Money Management International (MMI) for those facing foreclosure
•Credit and Prepaid card
•Union Plus Assistance Grants
- Facing financial hardship
Laid off, paying your bills, unpaid medical bills, on strike, disabled within the last 12 months, FEMA natural disasters
•Credit and budget counseling
- Debt management plans, bankruptcy service fee waived, free budget analysis session
•Hospital Care Assistance Grant
- Associated with Privilege credit card